Welcome to In My Corner, an online community website ("Website") and thank you for reviewing this Privacy Statement. This Website is operated by KJT Group, Inc. ("KJT Group," “us” or “we”) and is designed to connect persons (such as those with certain health conditions, caregivers, and professionals) who are interested in sharing and receiving information regarding various health conditions (the "Service").
KJT Group, the operator of this Website and the administrator of the Service, understands that users of this Service may provide personal information relating to health conditions, demographics, and contact information. This Statement informs you of our practices with respect to the online collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by means of this Service. We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove provisions of this Privacy Statement, and any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted here. Please refer back to this Privacy Statement regularly because your use of this Website signifies that you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement, as might be amended from time to time.
What Information About You Do We Collect?
You may view some content on this Website without providing any personal information. For example, you may review blogs and discussions written by registered users of this Website. However, you must register in order to post a profile, submit items for discussion, write a blog, write comments about discussion entries and blog entries, post a message, or communicate with others via this Service. At the registration page, you are asked to provide certain personal information, including a functioning e-mail address at which we may contact you, your ZIP Code, your gender, and your date of birth. Upon registering, you become a Member.
You are also given an option to provide additional personal information, for example, to create an extended online profile. In addition, it is possible for you to provide personal information about yourself when you post content on the Service or communicate with other registered Members.
We also collect "clickstream" data as you use different features of this Website so we can monitor the performance of this Website and Service and learn how different aspects of this Website and Service are used. It is possible to combine this information with the personal information that you provide to us.
What We Do With Your Personal Information
We use personal information that you provide to us in several ways as listed below. If you do not wish us to use or disclose personal information that you provide through this Website as disclosed in this Privacy Statement, you should deactivate your membership by notifying the In My Corner site administrators and including "DEACTIVATE" in the subject line and within the request.
- We use it to confirm your Membership, to understand better who is visiting this Website and using the Service, and to enable us to present content, including advertising, which we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use the personal information you give us to send you information about KJT Group and the Service, as well as material on behalf of some of our third parties with whom we have a business relationship (e.g., entities such as health associations and advertisers that link to this Website or that make use of this Service). The information we send you may, on occasion, contain advertising or requests either from us or from a third party on whose behalf we would send the information. For example, we may contact you to see whether you are interested in being considered for an upcoming clinical trial that is being sponsored by a pharmaceutical company.
- When you confirm your registration, your profile becomes visible to users of the Service and your profile may be found by users of the Service using the Service's search features. You can control how your profile and the data it contains are shared using the privacy settings available to you in the account section of this Website.
- We may share personal information with entities that are not part of the KJT Group family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose your identity or contain individually identifiable personal information.
- KJT Group may disclose personal information to appropriate persons in circumstances where we have a good faith belief that a user is likely to cause bodily harm to him or herself or others.
- KJT Group may share your email address and profile information with the organizations (for example, non-profit organizations) that sponsor In My Corner activities that you join.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose personal information that is individually identifiable (including your e-mail address or your personal information) to any other company that we do not control without your prior consent, except as required by law (see Legal Process, below). For example, we do not rent our Member list to other companies. We may, however, provide other companies with aggregated data about our Members that does not contain contact or other individually identifiable personal information. Thus, for example, we may inform a health association of the number of Members we have on this Service, or the number of Members registered for this Service in a particular geographical region.
Finally, it is possible that by posting a message on the Service or communicating with other Members, you will disclose your own personal information.
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to view information that appears on this Website. However, in order to post content or see profiles of Members or communicate with Members, you must register. When you register, you must provide the personal information designated as "required" on the registration page. After you have registered, you will have the opportunity to provide additional personal information and to create an extended personal profile, including the posting of a photograph. Whether you provide this additional personal information is entirely your option, although it may affect your full enjoyment of the Service.
We do not disclose individually identifiable information about you to third parties without your prior consent. For example, we might contact you to advise you that a pharmaceutical company is planning a clinical trial and to see if you would be interested in learning more information. If you consent, we would arrange for the company to contact you; however, if you did not consent, we would not provide information about you to that company.
If you do not wish us to use or disclose personal information that you provide through this Website as disclosed in this Privacy Statement, you should deactivate your membership by notifying the In My Corner site administrators and including "DEACTIVATE" in the subject line and within the request.
This Website may make available chat rooms, blogs, and message boards. Please remember that any personal or other information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
You may access and change personal information on your profile at any time by accessing your password-protected registered user information.
KJT Group employs commercially reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, to safeguard personal and other information collected through this Website. We believe these commercially reasonable practices provide adequate security to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information we collect on this Website. We also have established internal policies and procedures to limit access to Members' personal information to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job.
Children's Personal Information
Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act:
- This Service does not collect, use, or disclose personal information (including online contact information) of children under the age of 13.
- In the event that a child under the age of 13 attempts to register on this Website, we will not accept the registration and will attempt to notify a parent of the child to obtain the requisite consent.
- In the event that a child under the age of 13 posts personal information in a public forum such as a message board, we will attempt to delete that information once we become aware of it.
KJT Group uses advertising to promote In My Corner elsewhere on the Internet, and in other places. In some cases we use technologies to track and understand what happens after someone sees, or clicks on, an advertisement for In My Corner. We use these technologies to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. In particular, we use the conversion tracking feature of Google AdWords to measure the effectiveness of AdWords advertisements in bringing new members to In My Corner. You can request more detail about this topic by contacting the In My Corner site administrators.
IP Address and Log Files
We may use your IP address to administer the Service, to help identify problems with our server, to analyze trends, to track your webpage movements, to help identify you, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may allow another company to serve advertisements on this Website. That company may set "cookies" on your computer. We will not share any individually identifiable personal information that you provide to us with such advertising company, and it will not have access to your personal profile. However, it is possible that such advertising company may, through your use of this Website and other websites, develop its own separate profile of you. Any information collected or stored by the ad-service or the cookies is subject to the terms and policies of that company.
Sale or Merger
If In My Corner or KJT Group is sold to or merges with another company not owned by KJT Group we may transfer some or all of the personal information collected from this Website to the buyer/surviving company. If so, KJT Group will seek to obligate the acquiring company to use any personal information transferred by this Website in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement, but cannot guarantee that it will be able to impose that requirement, or that the acquiring company will comply.
If you do not wish the personal information you provide to be subject to this possibility, you should deactivate your membership by notifying the In My Corner site administrators and including "DEACTIVATE" in the subject line and within the request.
You should be aware that KJT Group may be required to disclose your personal information to the government or other entities in connection with a legal process, such as in response to a valid subpoena, court order in judicial or regulatory proceedings, or pursuant to a valid law enforcement investigative demand.
Contacting the Service
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with this Website, you can contact the In My Corner site administrators.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of May 5, 2016.
KJT Group and researchers and clinicians from URMedicine (see our Bio section), with the support of PCORI funding, have partnered together to launch In My Corner and its content.